© , Law Street Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Law Street, Law Street Media, Law Unplugged, The World of Law, Innovation. Issues. Careers. Lifestyles., The Capitalista, The F Word, Join the Jury, The DH, Digital Hearsay, and Law and Policy for Our Generation are all trademarks of Law Street Media, LLC. All rights reserved.
Your use of our web site(s) or material posted on this site(s) is subject to our Terms of Service.
All content at and under the LawStreetMedia.com URL is the property of Law Street Media, LLC or its licensors. If you own the copyright in any content posted on this site without your permission, please follow the instructions on this page.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Law Street Media respects the intellectual property rights of others and endeavors to satisfy the safe harbor provisions set forth in Section 512(c) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Accordingly, we do not knowingly post or allow to be posted on our website any material that infringes third party copyrights. In addition, we act in good faith to address any alleged copyright infringement arising from content posted on this website. Therefore, upon receipt of written notice alleging infringement, we will act promptly to remove content on our Site which we reasonably determine actually or potentially infringes the copyrights of others and will disable the access to the Site and Services by anyone who uses them to repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others. If you believe that our Site contains elements that infringe your copyrights, please follow our Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement set forth below. Be advised that we will not pay any sum for removing any allegedly infringing content in accordance with the procedures set forth below.
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), all notifications of claimed copyright infringement on the LawStreetMedia.com Service or Site should be sent ONLY to our Designated Agent.
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR NOTIFYING THE SERVICE PROVIDERS REFERENCED BELOW THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED.
WE CAUTION YOU THAT UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO SIZEABLE CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER’S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED AS A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY.
DO NOT SEND ANY INQUIRIES UNRELATED TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (e.g. REQUESTS FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OR CUSTOMER SERVICE, REPORTS OF E-MAIL ABUSE, etc.) TO THE CONTACT LISTED BELOW. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE IF SENT TO THAT CONTACT.
|Written notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:|
|Service Provider(s):||Law Street Media, LLC|
|Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:||Chelsey Goff|
|Full Address of Designated Agent to which Notification Should be Sent:||Law Street Media, 1020 16th Street NW, Suite 101, Washington, DC 20036|
|Telephone Number of Designated Agent:||202-630-1059|
|Facsimile Number of Designated Agent:||202-697-4981|
|Email Address of Designated Agent:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Under Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3)(A), the Notification of Claimed Infringement must include the following:
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- Identification of the copyrighted work (or works) that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of the material that you claim is infringing, and the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists (for example, the URL of the page of the web site where it is lawfully posted; the name, edition and pages of a book from which an excerpt was copied, etc.);
- A clear description of where the infringing material is located on our web site, including as applicable its URL, so that we can locate the material;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf
Updated January 1, 2015.